PATIENT PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS
miraDry is a non-surgical treatment designed to permanently reduce underarm sweat, odor, and hair2,6 with as little as one treatment, in one hour, and with immediate results. Clinical studies have demonstrated an average reduction of 82% in underarm sweat. Like any other medical procedure, results can vary from patient-to-patient.
4-6 DAYS BEFORE PROCEDURE:
- Shave both underarms; by the time you come in for your procedure, there will be a little bit of hair growth to identify the area to be treated. If you forget to shave, we will recommend that you reschedule your procedure date.
1 DAY BEFORE PROCEDURE:
- Do not wear any deodorant or antiperspirant.
DAY OF PROCEDURE:
- Wear clothes with loose arm holes for easy access to the treatment site, e.g. tank top, sports bra, or camisole.
- Plan for the procedure to last an hour.
AFTER THE PROCEDURE:
- Immediately ice the treated area using towel-wrapped ice packs and use non-prescription anti-inflammatory medication to reduce swelling. Continue as needed over the new few days.
- Keep the treated area clean (wash with water and gentle liquid soap) and apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
- Avoid shaving or applying antiperspirant/deodorant for the next few days. If deodorant / antiperspirant is still desired after the treatment, discard any partially used product and open a new product.
- Wait a few days before resuming rigorous exercise and activity.
- Wear loose fitting tops to avoid underarm irritation for the next few days.
Patient results and experience may vary. The miraDry system is FDA-cleared for the treatment of unwanted underarm sweat and odor, as well as the permanent removal of unwanted underarm hair. Outside the U.S., the miraDry system is intended for use by health care professionals for treatment of primary axillary hyperhidrosis in adults. © 2018 miraDry, Inc. All rights reserved. MK0053.D